Digital Marketing Executive
Pennies is pleased to be sharing the exciting opportunity to join our team as our new Digital Marketing Executive.
We’re the driving force for digital micro-donations: a consumer-led movement with the potential to raise a £1bn a year for charities, causes at are helping communities up and down the UK where we need it most. You are a purpose-driven social and digital content expert; adept at working the channels that will amplify our aim to get everyone giving.
This is a permanent, full-time role. Read the full role profile and find out how to apply below.
As a Digital Marketing Executive you will be an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team and be responsible for our end-to-end social media and digital channel process including strategy, content creation, copywriting, scheduling, analysis and reporting and evaluation of activity.
Social media management
- lead the development and delivery of the social media and digital content strategy ensuring our brand identity is appropriately managed and delivered across our own digital channels, but also those of our retail, charity and payments partners – your plan will move us to next level.
- evolve and develop existing social media efforts in the context of our new marketing strategy.
- be able to source appropriate influencer opportunities for scaling our brand messaging and look to amplify activity with our partners.
- have good knowledge of Social ad platforms and ad setup & experience in paid social execution and optimisation, along with budgeting experience.
- have experience in running campaigns with Google ads (YouTube), LinkedIn, and Facebook Business Manager. You will be responsible for staying on top of platform changes and trends in the paid media space, be certified and continue to be up to speed with platform best practice, regularly sharing this knowledge with the team and presenting test strategies and ways to innovate, in line with marketing objectives.
- maintain a proactive approach to ensure that the efforts against our objectives show results (e.g. leads generated and converted.)
- have an instinct for great content that will achieve cut-through and be able to put this into practice. You will plan, create and deliver compelling short form mobile first content to support our regular programme of content delivery (video and static).
- work with colleagues from across the organisation to create persuasive content that serves the needs of the charity, including the business development team and brand partners.
- edit stories, publish and share content from our agency that supports our wider marketing strategy and builds meaningful connections with our audiences & partners.
- have some content and creative copywriting skills, particularly appropriate for mobile first formats (short form, video, familiarity with formats such as 6:9 etc).
Reporting and analytics
- develop a measurement dashboard and ensure appropriate monitoring is in place so that our digital effort measurably impacts overall marketing KPIs.
- maintain awareness of social trends, innovations, and developments and use this knowledge to inform our on-going strategy and tactics.
- stay up to date with platform updates and training programmes by LI, Google and FB as a minimum
have an understanding of business manager and insights tools provided by platforms.
You should have:
- experience in leading social media strategy and implementation
- a creative mindset
- an in-depth understanding of social media platforms and formats
- familiarity with best practice on each social media platform
- experience of creating and writing social media posts that engage audiences – B2B and B2C
- video and image editing skills, and – a nice to have – experience of taking stills and shooting video to a decent standard
- a working knowledge of Hootsuite, Tweetdeck or similar
- the confidence, communication skills and knowledge to advise Pennies on its social media strategy
- an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, video content from long-form and streaming to short-form digital formats
- the aptitude of a self-starter, and be able to work autonomously
- have excellent spelling and grammar
- a flair for copywriting: you will be the voice of Pennies on social media
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV so we can get an idea of your attitude and aptitude, and why you want to work for Pennies. Feel free to include examples of your achievements in digital too. Most of all we want you to stand out, make us take notice, and impress with your ingenuity.
Please email your application to: email@example.com by the closing date below.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 4th May 2021.
Please note: we may close this posting before the deadline, once a sufficient number of applications have been received. We advise applying asap if you are interested.
Full job description and role profile available to download here.