Back in December 2010, Zizzi became the first restaurant chain to start using Pennies, allowing their customers to add a few pence to their bill at the end of their meal, in turn raising hundreds of thousands for charity. To date, customers have donated over 1 million times, with those donations adding up to over £200,000 and counting.
The main beneficiary of this amazing generosity has been The Prince’s Trust, which has used the funds received so far to help dramatically improve lives across the UK. For example, it costs around £1,000 for a young person to take part in the Team programme, a scheme that offers a lifeline to young people who have struggled with everything from drug and alcohol abuse to homelessness by providing them with essential work experience and qualifications. Zizzi customers can raise enough to cover the costs of a team programme place in just one week with Pennies.
The power of your micro-donations simply can’t be understated! To show our gratitude, we’re offering you the chance to win a Zizzi gift voucher worth £100 so you can treat yourself to a meal out with your loved ones this Christmas – all you need to do is answer the simple question below.
Q: By what amount can diners at Zizzi restaurants ‘top-up’ in aid of The Prince’s Trust, when paying their bill by card?
** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The answer is 20p and the winner has been notified. **
Pop your answer in a comment below before midnight tonight and we’ll select a winner at random from all correct entries! We’ll notify the winner by email so don’t forget to include that in your entry too. Don’t worry, it won’t get published on the page and we promise not to send you any unwanted emails!
Before you hazard a guess though, be sure to read our T&C’s below.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be received by midnight on Monday 9th December 2013.
- Valid entries must be submitted through this webpage and must include an email address.
- Entry is restricted to one per person and contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- The competition is not open to anyone affiliated with Pennies or Pennies’ partner organisations.
- Winner will be selected at random from all entries with the correct answer. Pennies’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email after the competition closes.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.