Last year, cycling specialists Evans Cycles introduced the electronic charity box to their online store, offering customers buying everything from high-vis jackets to brand new road bikes the chance round up their orders and donate a few extra pence to the retailer’s charity partner, Special Olympics GB.
To date, customers have donated via Pennies over 40,000 times, raising thousands for charity and helping develop a cycling scheme that offers people with intellectual disabilities the chance to learn new skills, improve their cycling and possibly even compete in the likes of Special Olympics GB’s National Summer Games. An average donation at Evans Cycles is just 12p, proof that even small donations add up to big things.
As a thank you, we’ve teamed up with Evans Cycles to offer up a prize every cycling fanatic will want to get their hands on – a gift card worth £100 that can be used in any Evans Cycles shop or at their online store! All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question below…
Q: In what month in 2012 did Evans Cycles start supporting Special Olympics GB via Pennies?
** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The answer is November and the winner has been notified. **
Pop your answer in a comment below before midnight tonight and we’ll select a winner at random from all correct entries! We’ll notify the winner by email so don’t forget to include that in your entry too. Don’t worry, it won’t get published on the page and we promise not to send you any unwanted emails!
Before you hazard a guess though, be sure to read our T&C’s below.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be received by midnight on Tuesday 10th December 2013.
- Valid entries must be submitted through this webpage and must include an email address.
- Entry is restricted to one per person and contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- The competition is not open to anyone affiliated with Pennies or Pennies’ partner organisations.
- Winner will be selected at random from all entries with the correct answer. Pennies’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email after the competition closes.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.