It’s only been four months since Screwfix switched on Pennies but their customers have been donating in their droves rounding up their purchases an amazing 50,000 times.
We thought it would be nice to mark the occasion with a little competition, with thanks to Screwfix for putting up the prize – a 18v DeWalt Combi drill worth £129.99. Simply have a go at the question below to be in with a chance of winning.
Q: Last week Screwfix customers donated £753.49 to charity via Pennies. But how many individual donations did it take to raise this amount?
For a clue, have a look at our press release announcing this milestone where Screwfix’s Marketing Director John Mewett highlights the weekly donation average. Pop your answer in a comment below and post it on this page before 12noon tomorrow – closest answer wins the drill! We’ll notify the winner by email so don’t forget to include that in your entry. Don’t worry, it won’t get published on the page and we promise only to send you an email if you win!
Before you hazard a guess though, be sure to read our T&C’s below.
**COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Thanks for all your entries, The correct answer is 3817 donations. The winner has been notified.**
Terms & Conditions
Valid entries must be submitted through this webpage and must include an email address.
- Entry is restricted to one per person and contestants must be over 18 years of age and must be a UK resident.
- No purchase necessary.
- The competition is open from 12pm Thursday 2nd August to 12pm Friday 3rd August.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is not open to anyone affiliated with Pennies or Pennies’ partner organisations (this includes Screwfix employees).
- If you want to enter the competition, you may enter by posting your comment on our website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who correctly answers the question “How many individual donations did it take Screwfix customers to raise £753.49” for Pennies?
- The prize is an 18v DeWalt Combi drill worth £129.99.
- The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The winner will be notified by email after the competition closes. If multiple people correctly answer the question, the person who posted the correct answer first will win. In the event that Pennies cannot contact the winner within 7 days, the person who next posted the correct answer will be the winner. Pennies decision is final.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- It is a condition of entry that the contestant agrees to abide by these rules.
- To find out who has won the competition, send a stamped addressed envelope, marked “Screwfix Competition” to Pennies, Bastion House, 140 London Wall, EC2Y 5DN.
- The promoter is The Pennies Foundation, Bastion House, 140 London Wall, EC2Y 5DN