When fans visit The Rugby Store at the home of English Rugby, Twickenham Stadium, they have the chance to round up their purchases to the nearest pound for two charities that help support and promote the game, and its players.
Since The Rugby Store introduced Pennies at Twickenham Stadium, customers have donated over 47,000 times, raising funds for The Rugby Football Foundation and The RFU Injured Players Foundation. And how have these donations been making a difference? So far customers have raised enough to help the Injured Players Foundation cover the cost of retraining several injured players for new careers, or enough to help 10 local clubs improve their facilities with a Helping Hand grant from the Rugby Football Foundation.
To thank rugby fans for their continued support, the RFU have donated 4 tickets for the England v Barbariansgame on Sunday 1st June 2014 at Twickenham Stadium – just answer the question below to be in with a chance of winning all 4 tickets!
Q: In which month and year did the RFU start collecting donations via Pennies at The Rugby Store in Twickenham?
Hint: Our website is full of useful stuff, if you know where to look.
** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The answer is July 2011, and the winner has been notified. **
Pop your answer in a comment below before midnight tonight and we’ll select a winner at random from all correct entries! We’ll notify the winner by email so don’t forget to include that in your entry too. Don’t worry, it won’t get published on the page and we promise not to send you any unwanted emails!
Before you hazard a guess though, be sure to read our T&C’s below.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be received by midnight on Friday 13th December 2013.
- Valid entries must be submitted through this webpage and must include an email address.
- Entry is restricted to one per person and contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- The competition is not open to anyone affiliated with Pennies or Pennies’ partner organisations.
- Winner will be selected at random from all entries with the correct answer. Pennies’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email week commencing 16th December 2013.
- Tickets will be dispatched in April 2014.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.