People shopping online with trade supplier Screwfix have been generously giving their spare electronic change for more than 18 months now. In fact, customers were so generous that Screwfix wanted to make sure the £2,000 raised every month went to projects close to tradesmen’s hearts. That’s one reason why earlier this year Screwfix launched their own charity, The Screwfix Foundation, to raise funds for a number of different charitable projects that involve building, fixing or maintaining homes and community facilities. Money is raised through a range of fundraising activities including Pennies.
So far The Screwfix Foundation has received almost £10,000 from Pennies donations. Money is helping local and national charities to undertake a number of repairing and renovating tasks like fixing outdated facilities, and converting cancer patients homes to suit their needs.
To say thank you for the hundreds of thousands of individual donations they’ve received, Screwfix are offering up the perfect prize for anyone who fancies themselves a dab hand with a drill – a 18v DeWalt Combi drill. Fancy winning it? Just have a go at the following question:
Q: Along with its support for local charities, which national charities does The Screwfix Foundation charity support?
** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The answer was Barnardo’s and Macmillan, and the winner has been notified. **
Pop your answer in a comment below before midnight tonight and we’ll select a winner at random from all correct entries! We’ll notify the winner by email so don’t forget to include that in your entry too. Don’t worry, it won’t get published on the page and we promise not to send you any unwanted emails!
Before you hazard a guess though, be sure to read our T&C’s below.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be received by midnight on Thursday 5th December 2013.
- Valid entries must be submitted through this webpage and must include an email address.
- Entry is restricted to one per person and contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- The competition is not open to anyone affiliated with Pennies or Pennies’ partner organisations.
- Winner will be selected at random from all entries with the correct answer. Pennies’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email after the competition closes.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Competition open to UK residents only.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.