Pennies, a pioneer in digital micro-donations, is delighted to have been named the charity partner for Meet Magento UK 2023, a leading e-commerce event devised, organised and run by JH, an Adobe Gold Solution Partner. This year’s event took place on July 18, 2023, at The Mermaid in London, and gave us the opportunity to meet partners, prospects and share the huge untapped potential of micro-donations for the e-commerce community.
Meet Magento UK
Meet Magento UK brings together merchants, developers, and technology partners who work with Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source. In its 13th year, this event is a major gathering in the e-commerce world.
The event was a chance to reconnect with current partners and make new connections too. The interest from agencies was huge, with businesses eager add value for themselves and their clients with micro-donations, and to help Pennies grow too.
Visitors discovered just how easy it is for e-commerce customers to join the Pennies movement using our Magento 2 extension, allowing them to create positive change through the power of micro-donations.
Why It’s Good, To Do Good
A highlight of the event was the session led by our CEO, Alison Hutchinson CBE, titled “Why It’s Good, To Do Good: The Importance of Purposeful Brands in the Current Economic Climate.”
The discussion revolved around the vital topic of brands embracing purpose, particularly in the current economic landscape. It was an opportunity to share our insights and engage delegates around the importance of purpose-driven initiatives like Pennies.
Some of the key takeaways from Alison’s session included:
- Brands have never been under more pressure to do good, even though challenges persist in the current environment.
- There are compelling reasons for doing good. Not only does the charity sector need our support – more than half (53%) of charities worry about struggling to survive – but it’s also advantageous for business, as consumers are wanting to buy from ethical companies.
- Consumers still want to give, but are moving to little and often in the challenging economic environment with 73% of people preferring to give a small amount of money to charity, more often.
- Making a significant difference doesn’t demand much effort, and Pennies emphasises the power of collective small contributions. If every UK card holder gave just 35p every week, we could raise £1billion a year for the charity sector.
- Pennies Magento 2 integration is readily available: Pennies streamlines the process, making it simple to get involved and join the micro-donation movement.
Start Your Pennies Journey
Meet Magento UK 2023 showcased how partnerships with purpose can make a real impact. At Pennies, we’re dedicated to making a difference through micro-donations. We believe that even small contributions can add up to create meaningful support for charities.