Pennies Autumn Celebration 2023
Pennies held its annual Autumn Celebration Event this year on Tuesday 7th November 2023. Hosted for the fourth year by BBC news presenter Sally Bundock, and supported by FreedomPay, the event was attended by partners from across the micro-donation movement and was also available to join virtually.
This year’s event included insights from many leading retail and hospitality decision makers, who shared their experiences in incorporating generosity into their businesses and achieving success with Pennies.
Pennies 4th Annual Awards
One of the highlights of the evening was the 4th Annual Pennies Awards. Pennies works with innovative, passionate and socially-driven brands who each help unlock and amplify the micro-donation movement; broadening the opportunities for consumers to donate a few pennies when they shop and socialise, for causes and communities around the UK and internationally.
The Pennies Awards are a chance to highlight those partners and individuals who have gone above and beyond to make micro-donations matter. The winners were selected by an independent panel of industry leaders in retail, hospitality, payments, and technology. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists:
Social Impact Award – Technology Partner
- Lightning E-Com
- Global Payments
Social Impact Award – Merchant Partner
- The Entertainer
- Outdoor & Cycle Concepts
Winner: The Entertainer
Social Impact Award – New Partner
- Well Pharmacy
- Central Co-op
- Vision Express
Winner: Well Pharmacy
Unsung Hero Award
Winner: Karen McHendry
Winner: Jackie Laing
Winner: Steph Kershaw
Outstanding Achievement Award
4th Annual Awards Judging Panel
We extend our gratitude to our 2023 panel of judges who had the task of selecting this year’s award recipients.
This year’s judges were:
- Roger Alexander (Chair), Non-Executive Director, Portfolio
- Angela Luger, Non-Executive Director and Chair, Portfolio
- Andy Wood OBE DL, Chief Executive Officer, Adnams plc
- Matt Atkinson, Non-Executive Director, Portfolio
- Paula MacKenzie, Chief Executive Officer, PizzaExpress
- Liz Williams, Former Chief International Operating Officer, Papa John’s International
- Clair Preston-Beer, Managing Director – Local Pubs, Greene King
- Michael Green, VP – Head of Northern Europe, Databricks
- David Robinson, Chief Executive Officer, Dobbies Garden Centres
Start Your Pennies Journey
Contact us today and become part of the Pennies family, where every micro-donation adds up to make a positive difference for charities across the UK and beyond. Let’s work together to make every penny count.