Pennies is thrilled to be featured in The Financial Technologist’s Most Influential Fintech Companies 2019 – the only charity listed amongst 175 global firms.
For the second year, publishers of The Financial Technologist – global FinTech and sales recruitment specialists, Harrington Starr – teamed up with an impressive cross-section of experts from across the Financial Services landscape, to define 175 companies that will have the biggest impact on the industry and beyond in 2019.
Alison Hutchinson CBE, CEO of Pennies, said:
It is truly an honour for Pennies to be recognised as the most influential charity fintech in The Financial Technologist’s global list – not least of all because we are named alongside such fantastic innovators – start-up, challenger and long-standing fintechs.
It is such an exciting time for Pennies – we are experiencing 43% growth year on year, have breached 67M consumer micro-donations, and partner with over 55 UK household merchants, growing all the time.
The hand-in-hand innovation with our paytech and fintech partners allows us to relentlessly seek and unlock new ways for customers to donate a few digital pence when they make a purchase. Our digital charity box solution turns a decade next year, we’re still young and have lots of work ahead of us, which we’re incredibly excited about.
Over 2,000 global organisations were considered for the definitive influential list, and the judging panel included Barclays, EY, Lloyds Banking Group, Baringa, The Realization Group, and RBC. See The Financial Technologist’s full list of The Most Influential Fintech Companies 2019 here.
– Ends –
For more information or to speak to Alison Hutchinson, please contact Head of Marketing and Communications Rob Dyson on Rob.Dyson@Pennies.org.uk or 0300 302 0172.
- Pennies is the digital charity box enabling customers to give a few pence to charity when the pay by card or mobile wallet.
- Together with its partners, Pennies has unlocked £16 million of extra income for over 400 UK registered charities. This has been raised by an incredible 67 million small change digital donations – and growing.
- Pennies is now present in over 4,600 stores across retail, hospitality and the service sector, and live in over 55 partners across the retail, hospitality, leisure and service sectors and operates in the UK, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Currently someone in the UK donates using Pennies every 2 seconds.
- 100% of Pennies customer donations go to charity – 90% to the retailers’ nominated charity/ies and 10% to Pennies – also a charity – to grow the micro-donating movement.