b

Domino’s Pizza customers make their one millionth micro-donation

Domino’s launched with Pennies in November 2010 and as our longest serving retail partner, their customers have made a significant contribution to the more than 1.6 million donations Pennies has received so far.
Pennies and One Million spelled out in Domino's Pizza to respresent Domino's Pizza customers donating one million times through Pennies, the digital charity box.

Posted by Pennies

Published 14 February, 2012

We’re very pleased to announce today that Domino’s Pizza customers have made their one millionth micro-donation through Pennies.


Domino’s launched with Pennies in November 2010 and as our longest serving retail partner, their customers have made a significant contribution to the more than 1.6 million donations Pennies has received so far.

When ordering pizza online, Domino’s customers have the option of rounding up their order to the nearest pound. To date, the most common amount donated has been 1p with the average donation being 23p. It just goes to show how quickly those pennies add up, as this has raised more than £230,000! Read the full press release.

Domino’s nominated charities are Special Olympics Great Britain (who benefit from 75% of the money raised in Great Britain) and Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice (who receive 75% of donations made in Northern Ireland). The remaining 25% is shared amongst other UK charities, including Shelter, Youth Music and Carers UK.

Whilst until recently Domino’s has been leading the charge, other retailers are catching up as the Pennies movement grows and more join in: latest figures show that our other retailers are now accounting for more than 50% of donations made!

We’re constantly overwhelmed by the generosity of our retailers’ customers and would like to say a million thank-yous to all those who have donated. As you can see these pennies really do add up, providing much needed funds for charity and ultimately making a huge difference to people’s lives.

A few highlights of media coverage: ThirdSector

Read more from Pennies.

Pennies’ Highlights from Retail Technology Show 2024

Pennies’ Highlights from Retail Technology Show 2024

The Retail Technology Show 2024, which took place last week at Olympia London, was an exciting event showcasing the latest innovations in retail technology. Over two days, the Pennies team proudly showcased our award-winning micro-donation solution and had the opportunity to connect with partners across the payments, retail, and hospitality sectors.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Merchants

Collect micro-donations at the point of sale and deliver real social impact

Find the right micro-donation solution for your business

Charities

Work with Pennies and your corporate partners to receive digital donations for your charity

Use our micro-donation solutions in your own charity shops and online

Payments + Tech

Find out more about being a Pennies solution partner

About us

Whitbread

Our vision, mission and what we do

Creating impact on behalf of the sector

Meet the dedicated team

Meet our trustee board

Industry support for Pennies

Recognition for Pennies

How our work is funded

Current job opportunities

Find answers to commonly asked questions

b

Latest news

Pennies’ Highlights from Retail Technology Show 2024
Pennies’ Highlights from Retail Technology Show 2024

The Retail Technology Show 2024, which took place last week at Olympia London, was an exciting event showcasing the latest innovations in retail technology. Over two days, the Pennies team proudly showcased our award-winning micro-donation solution and had the opportunity to connect with partners across the payments, retail, and hospitality sectors.